SORE REFLECTION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Admin
Admin
https://sorelyreflected.forumotion.com

sore  reflection Empty sore reflection

Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:44 pm
sore  reflection 4wKOa21

my search for truth
seems to have come to a halt

the cause :- a self-inflicted wound
caked with salt

in the mirror: - a pair of eyes

hoodwinked, fooled, and befuddled …
they, too, tell lies !

@-@
|
^
Admin
Admin

sore  reflection Empty Re: sore reflection

Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:48 pm
sore  reflection SEIMKF6

sore  reflection 3bRJpIq
Admin
Admin

Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:51 pm
~ & ~

For a long time I did not quite know what to make of this Yi-King's response to my query concerning "Truth", and so more or less have resigned myself to the feeling that "what I was seeking is out of my reach". That resignation has brought some peace to my mind ... enough for me to carry on with "life" ...

A recent casual conversation with a good friend has inadvertently revived the "truth" bug in me . He mentioned the philosophical discussions between David Bohm and Krishnamurti on the elusive subject of "Truth" and "Reality" . My friend seems to have come to a conclusion that, according to Bohm and Krishnamurti , it is practically impossible for the human consciousness to grasp or describe "truth" ! (“The description is not the described ..." , to quote Krishnamurti)

Reflecting on it now, it gradually dawns on me that all my life , by believing and trusting my eyes and my senses, I had been steadily dragged down and drowned deeper and deeper into falsehood . When I woke up and realised what was happening, and let go of my faulty beliefs, and sank no further, I have effectively begun the first step in "coming up", in "approaching" what I was longing for . Perhaps that was what the hexagram 19 alludes to .

What is the next step then, after stopping ?

How can one get to something that cannot be described or conceptualised ?

( As Krishnamurti said: "The word is not the thing ...") .

So more "biting and gnawing" questions remain ...

I've turned to the Yi again, trying a different tact:

Please help me explore the word "truth"

sore  reflection UnQoiN1

sore  reflection RQN2s09

Hexagram 04 (Immature folly) with 4 moving lines, changing into hexagram 51 (Double Thunder)

This time the Yi has been more forthcoming, in fact, rather blunt in its response . I was simply being a fool to waste my time with semantics, with words . That won't get me anywhere either !

No matter how hard we bite, chew or gnaw, as human we probably can only try to approach, but never really get to "truth" . Makes me think the word "truth" actually functions like a "lie" , since it conjures up a sort of illusion, a luring mirage that entices us, keeps us moving, crawling desperately towards it, while serving our time in the desert of life .

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum